SMS Phonebook List Auto-Subscribe Feature
Shortcode SMS blasts are becoming more and more popular for quick notifications for school closures, emergency notifications, service alerts, and even marketing. The challenge is how to get people’s phone numbers into the Vitelity SMS Phonebook system in order to be able to send messages to people. With our new auto-subscribe feature, this has become much easier.
The first thing you need to do is to create a new phonebook to store the numbers you want to be able to send messages to. In the user portal, go to the SMS tab at the top of the menu bar, and then go to Phonebook tab on the bottom of the menu bar. From there, you can manage existing lists or create a new list.
The new auto-subscribe feature allows users to send a shortcode message from their mobile device to be added to the list. If someone wants to be added to the Marketing list, they could send a text message to 99629 with the message Contest. To set this up you first need to go to the Keywords tab and create the keyword to use. The next step is to go to the Manage tab at the bottom of the menu bar. In the form is a new option to Auto Subscribe to list. Select the keyword to be used and select the list to be added to.
Once this is setup you can now have messaging in your marketing material like “To be entered into our contest, text contest to 99629 from your mobile device“. This is just one simple example of how this can be used to build notification lists. In areas with school closures due to snow, parents can be notified if the school is going to be closed for the day. Colleges are using this to notify students of important notices and emergency alerts.
- 5 Reasons why ITSPs need to include E911 with their voice services
- Wholesale VoIP Carrier Vitelity Focuses on Network Expansion and Growth
- Building the Next Generation Platform: Onvoy Acquires Layered Communications
- Onvoy Announces New COO: Telecom Growth Expert Surendra Saboo
- It’s Official: Onvoy Becomes National Powerhouse With Acquisition of Broadvox
- Onvoy Acquires Broadvox to Become Third Largest Competitive Local Exchange Carrier By Rate Center Coverage
- Vitelity Wins Best of Show at ITEXPO East 2015 in Miami
- Vitelity Gold Sponsor at Leading Business Technology Conference, ITEXPO East 2015
- Vitelity’s vMobile Service Receives 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award
- Vitelity Gold Sponsor for AstriCon 2014, Highlighting Voice and PBX Solutions for the Asterisk Community