Vitelity Provides Phone Lines for Joplin Tornado Victims
ENGLEWOOD, CO – (July 21, 2011) – Telecommunication company Vitelity Communications extended its international voice-over IP technology services (VoIP) to aid communities affected by the recent tornado that hit Joplin, Missouri.
The company joined forces with other businesses to establish RebuildJoplin.org, a community-based relief program that utilizes resources in an effort to help Joplin tornado victims. After discovering that Joplin residents did not have access to phone lines to make calls to loved ones, Vitelity donated a toll-free and fax number to the Rebuild Joplin organization so it can provide help to those homes and businesses affected by the natural disaster.
“Vitelity felt an immediate sense of responsibility to help those suffering from the affects of the Joplin tornado,” said Scott Navratil, Vitelity vice president of sales and marketing. “We wanted to extend our telecommunication services in a way that not only served our daily customers, but helped those who needed our services the most.”
Vitelity is offering tornado victims access to toll-free networks via its telephone signaling protocols (Signaling System #7) and bandwidth carriers (Digital Signal 3). These technologies allow callers to receive a robust and quality toll-free experience. The company sought to assist callers in a manner that reflected their commitment to long-term stability and careful attention to customer needs.
Vitelity is a privately owned, international voice over IP (VoIP) technology provider. Vitelity offers wholesale voice, fax and SMS services. Vitelity ensures network reliability by operating its own private dark fiber network and through interconnections in major cities throughout the United States, including Denver, New York City, Los Angeles and Miami. Vitelity maintains a five star rating from VoipReview.org and won IT Expo’s most innovative new product award in 2009 and 2010.
- 5 Reasons why ITSPs need to include E911 with their voice services
- Wholesale VoIP Carrier Vitelity Focuses on Network Expansion and Growth
- Building the Next Generation Platform: Onvoy Acquires Layered Communications
- Onvoy Announces New COO: Telecom Growth Expert Surendra Saboo
- It’s Official: Onvoy Becomes National Powerhouse With Acquisition of Broadvox
- Onvoy Acquires Broadvox to Become Third Largest Competitive Local Exchange Carrier By Rate Center Coverage
- Vitelity Wins Best of Show at ITEXPO East 2015 in Miami
- Vitelity Gold Sponsor at Leading Business Technology Conference, ITEXPO East 2015
- Vitelity’s vMobile Service Receives 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award
- Vitelity Gold Sponsor for AstriCon 2014, Highlighting Voice and PBX Solutions for the Asterisk Community