711 VoIP Dialing For Hearing Impaired Callers Now Available
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has adopted use of the 711 dialing code for access to Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). Dialing 711 through Vitelity will connect the caller to a special operator that will help assist the caller with his/her needs. Vitelity is the first SIP trunk provider to offer 711 services for its customers.
“We are very pleased to be the first SIP provider to meet the requirements of the FCC and provide this important service to our hearing impaired customers” said Kerry Garrison,VP Strategic Initiatives for Vitelity, “It’s important to us to not just remain innovative, but also respond to regularly changing government regulations”.
For existing Vitelity customers, there is no additional setup or configuration required to enable 711 calling through their accounts as it is now active for all customers.
- 5 Reasons why ITSPs need to include E911 with their voice services
- Wholesale VoIP Carrier Vitelity Focuses on Network Expansion and Growth
- Building the Next Generation Platform: Onvoy Acquires Layered Communications
- Onvoy Announces New COO: Telecom Growth Expert Surendra Saboo
- It’s Official: Onvoy Becomes National Powerhouse With Acquisition of Broadvox
- Onvoy Acquires Broadvox to Become Third Largest Competitive Local Exchange Carrier By Rate Center Coverage
- Vitelity Wins Best of Show at ITEXPO East 2015 in Miami
- Vitelity Gold Sponsor at Leading Business Technology Conference, ITEXPO East 2015
- Vitelity’s vMobile Service Receives 2015 INTERNET TELEPHONY Product of the Year Award
- Vitelity Gold Sponsor for AstriCon 2014, Highlighting Voice and PBX Solutions for the Asterisk Community